Sunday, February 7, 2010

weekend warrior for my kids






I wanted to show you all what i have been busy doing this weekend. First of all let me tell you that i am tired of tying shoes...It is hard to bend over and tie 20 kids shoes 3 times a day and not to mention how time consuming that is. SO I took an old pair of my shoes and painted them purple (cause purple shoes are always more fun) and mounted them on a blue wooden board. Then I laced them with florecent Yellow Shoe Strings (because who doesn't want to tie florecent yellow shoe strings?). This will give my kids some much needed practice in tying and my job should get easier. I hope they love it. My 2 year olds keeps begging to learn too do it so he can play with the shoes.
I also got this idea from another teacher at school (thanks Mrs.Rich). My kids weren't wanting to go to the writing center very much. So i made a cape that has a "W" on it. They get to wear the while they Write., hence the "W". It will make them want to write more when they get to wear the Cape...we will call them super writers. I will let you know how this turns out. I also bought some other stuff to "beef-up" my writing center...but i want to try it all out before i spill the beans. The other cape has the word "Cats" on it. My room is the Cat in the Hat Room so i figured who ever was my star reader for the day could wear the other cape. I mean who doesn't want to wear a Cape? WE all secretly do i know....wish me luck....it is all in the name of making learning fun...

2 comments:

  1. Mary you are such a phenomenal teacher with awesome ideas. I only wish that I could be half the teacher that you are!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jen...that is sweet..you are amazing too...i miss you guys so much...i need to come and visit soon...hope you are feeling well

    ReplyDelete